Welcome to Green Dog Veterinary Center!
Job Opportunity: Veterinarian
At Green Dog, we are seeking a talented and passionate Veterinarian to join our exceptional team. As a veterinarian, you already know the ins and outs of the role, so let's dive into what sets being a vet at Green Dog apart.
- Four-day workweek, allowing for a healthy work-life balance (8-9 hour days)
- Full salary, no complicated calculations required
- Performance-based bonus, rewarding individual and company achievements
- Additional benefits outlined below
- While we are renowned for our expertise in dentistry, we also handle a substantial number of general wellness appointments daily, ensuring a well-rounded veterinary experience for our team. Our facility boasts board-certified internists and cardiologists, advanced imaging capabilities, and even a brand new, barista-quality espresso machine.
Before you submit your application, we want you to get to know us on a personal level and understand our values. Take the time to decide if we are the kind of people you would love to have numerous coffee chats with.
Why Does Green Dog Exist?
At Green Dog, our mission is to create optimal animal healthcare and wellness through an employee-first model of operation. We believe that exceptional animal medicine stems from prioritizing great people-care.
What Does Green Dog Believe?
We firmly believe that by making employees' work lives easier, we create the best version of animal care. Cultivating a human-first environment, equipping our team members with the best tools for their work, and reducing reliance on inefficient processes all contribute to an enhanced experience for everyone involved.
Who Are We Looking For?
We continually review, assess, and gather feedback from our existing team members to identify the core attributes that make our best employees stand out. We have found that the following six attributes are crucial for success at Green Dog: ICARE:
INTEGRITY - Do the Right thing, regardless of how hard.
COMPASSION - Selfless acts of understanding, empathizing with, and alleviating the suffering of others.
ACCOUNTABILITY - Willingness to take responsibility for one's actions, decisions, and their consequences.
RELIABILITY - Being where and doing what you say you will and able to be counted on by others.
EDUCATION - You can never stop learning, being a lifelong student.
If you have read this far and still believe that we are the kind of people you'd love to work alongside, we are eager to hear from you.
Why Green Dog?
- Outpatient-only practice with no holiday work and no 24-hour shifts
- No walk-in emergency cases
- Consistently fully staffed days
- Desirable locations in Venice, Van Nuys, and Sherman Oaks.
- A brand-new, 10,000 sq. ft. facility in beautiful Venice, near the beach
- World class ground up built new clinic in Van Nuys opening soon
- Mentorship opportunities in internal medicine, GP, and dentistry.
- Excellent work-life balance
- We maintain an easy-going approach, understanding the inherent stress of animal care
- Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience
- Lifestyle-focused benefits package, including:
- Continued education opportunities
- Generous time off
- Travel opportunities
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- And more...
- Must hold a state veterinary board license in good standing
- Strong team-oriented approach to medical care